1947: 4-H Center on Tybee Island opens
Now known as Burton 4-H Center on Tybee Island, the camp is used for local and state camps, conferences and rallies.
The Burton 4-H Center is located on 6-acres surrounded by salt marsh at the end of Lewis Avenue on Tybee Island, Ga., the state’s northernmost barrier island. Connected to the mainland by Highway 80, Tybee Island is approximately 15 miles east of Savannah.
A basketball court, a volleyball court, shaded picnic tables and a small gazebo are centrally located for easy and effective free-time supervision. For a more reflective time, groups can enjoy the boardwalk that leads over the marsh.
For more information, visit burton4h.org.